High usage of CPU in Task Manager slows down your PC. In this way, you can’t do anything on the device. This issue mainly occurs because of WMI Provider Host. When WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) perform its function abnormally you will get an error of High CPU Usage. This error has been reported by many Windows 10 users. But thankfully its an error with the software of the device so you can fix it by doing some workarounds. To Fix WMI Provider Host on Windows 10 you need to restart the service of Windows Management Instrumentation.
How to Fix WMI Provider Host (Windows 10)
Here Windowsbee team has gathered simple workarounds which help users fix WMI Provider Host on Windows 10 (High CPU Usage).
- Boot into Safe Mode
- WMI Provider Host Service (Restart)
- Uninstall Drivers (That Causing Problem)
#1: Boot into Safe Mode
- From the keyboard, press “Windows” and “R” Key at the same time. Type msconfig and press Enter.
- Click Boot tab, check Safe boot, Select Network option, Click Apply and then OK to save.
- Now click Restart. (But before doing that make sure that you have saved files and data).
- After devcie restart. Press “Windows” and “X” key at the same time. Select Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Type this command msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic and hit enter. From windows popup select Next. (If the system detects some problem then follow steps below)
- Enter msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic command and hit enter. Click Next to troubleshoot.
- Once done reboot your system into the normal mood.
- To do so you need to press “Windows” and “R” Key at the same time. Type msconfig and press Enter.
- Now Click on the Boot tab, uncheck Safe boot, unselect Network option, Click Apply and then OK to save.
#2: WMI Provider Host Service (Restart)
- From the keyboard, press “Windows” and “R” Key simultaneously. Type services.msc and OK.
- Now locate Windows Management Instrumentation.
- Click Right from Mouse and Select Restart.
- From the keyboard, press “Windows” and “X” Key together and Select Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Now you have to enter all these commands in the Command Prompt window and press Enter after entering every command. (net stop iphlpsvc, net stop wscsvc, net stop Winmgmt, net start Winmgmt, net start wscsvc, net start iphlpsvc)
- After entering All commands restart your PC. That’s it.
#3: Uninstall Drivers (That Causing Problem)
- From the keyboard, press “Windows” and “X” hotkey combination at the same time. Select Event Viewer.
- Now from Event Viewer click View button and then select Show Analytic and Debug Logs option.
- From left menu go to Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Note down all the Errors.
- Again press “Windows” and “X” Key and select Task Manager.
- Now click the Services tab. Now find errors that are markdown in Event Viewer. To overcome the issue uninstall the driver or stop its services.
That’s it on how to Fix WMI Provider Host on Windows 10 (High CPU Usage). If you face any issue while performing these solutions then let us know in comments below. Thanks!