Windows 10 is the latest and so far the fastest Windows Operating System. But nothing is perfect in this world. Same goes for Windows 10. People are facing many issues on Windows 10 but one issue that got much attention is that Windows, not downloading or installing Updates. These issues usually occur because of Internet disconnection, WiFi not working properly, minor bugs and glitches. All of these issues are software related so it can be solved by performing some workarounds. In this guide, we will tell you possible solutions to fix Windows 10 not installing updates.
How to Fix Windows 10 Not Installing Updates
Our Windowsbee team has gathered some solutions which Fix Windows 10 Not Installing Updates issue i.e.
- Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Windows Update services are running
- Run Commands on Command Prompt
#1: Windows Update Troubleshooter
Sometimes small components and minor bugs on Windows 10 won’t let you install Windows Updates. To overcome the situation you need to run Windows Update Troubleshooter. Here is how you can do it.
- Use Windows 10 Search and Enter Control Panel.
- Now select View by Large icons at the top right.
- Here select Troubleshooting.
- Select View All from the top left side.
- Now find and select Windows Update.
- Click Next to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- It will now start detecting the issues and fix them as well.
#2: Check Windows Update Services
Make sure that Windows update services are running. If they are not running properly then Windows 10 won’t be able to install updates. Here is how you can check it.
- Press hotkey “Windows” and “R” Key at the same time.
- Type services.msc into the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Locate Windows Update.
- Right-click Windows Update and select Properties.
- From Startup type Select Automatic.
- Click Apply and Ok to make changes.
#3: Run Commands to Fix Windows 10 Not Installing Updates
If the above methods won’t fix Windows 10 Not Installing Updates issue then you have run commands in the command prompt. Follow these steps below.
- Press “Windows” and “X” key at the same time.
- Select Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Click OK to continue.
- Now on Command Prompt, you need to enter these commands one by one.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- After entering these commands. Close the command prompt and restart your Windows to make changes.
That’s it. Hope these methods solved or Fix Windows 10 Not Installing Updates issue on your PC. If you face any issuing while attempting any method then let us know in comments below. Thanks!